Friday, March 23, 2012

Hungry.

Since we got back from our holiday in Arizona at the end of January, I have been on the biggest eating binge of my entire life. It started with this giant bag of popcorn we bought at Costco in Bellingham on the way home. It was this magical concoction of cheese, chocolate, and caramel popcorn, ALL MIXED IN THE SAME BAG. Sounds gross, right? Well, it wasn't. It was freakin' delicious. And I ate the entire bag (Costco-sized, remember) in about two days. After that, it was like, well what the hell - might as well keep going! If it's in my sight and edible, it's gone. Kids half-eaten leftover sandwiches from their lunch kits? Yum. A third trip to McDonald's in a week? Sure! Extra butter on my popcorn at the movies? OK! Candy on sale at Walmart? BRING IT ON!! I've really not thought for a moment about how much I've been eating.

Until Monday.

Monday, I hopped on the scale. The number I saw nearly gave me a heart attack.

Some would say it is not a huge number. But to me, it's massive.

And so, the diet begins. I've been really good since Monday. So good. I downloaded an app to my phone, myfitnesspal, and it tracks my calories and daily weigh-ins and pounds lost and gives me shit if I go over my calorie limit for the day. I skipped the starchy wraps with dinner last night and just had (ugh) a salad. I am choking down the 'recommended' 8 glasses of water every day. I am even eating VEGETABLES. This momma does NOT eat vegetables. But I'm doing it. All in the name of getting to that magic number on the scale.

7 more pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment